Spouse and Partner Visa


Spouse and Partner Visa

You can apply for leave to enter/remain in the UK as a spouse, unmarried or fiancée of a British national.

If you are officially married to British national, then you can apply for leave to remain/enter as a spouse of a British national. You need to meet the following requirements:

  • Have met (not just online)
  • Intend to live together permanently
  • Meet the financial requirement of £18600 per annum gross income.
  • Meet the English language requirement
  • Have satisfactory accommodation in the UK

If you are currently living outside the UK then you can apply for leave to enter as a spouse, however, if you are already living in the UK then you can switch to spouse visa depending on your immigration status.

Once you have spent 5 years in the UK as a spouse of British national then you will be entitled to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

Contact our immigration expert for detailed advice.