Spouse and Partner Visa
You can apply for leave to enter/remain in the UK as a spouse, unmarried or fiancée of a British national.
If you are officially married to British national, then you can apply for leave to remain/enter as a spouse of a British national. You need to meet the following requirements:
- Have met (not just online)
- Intend to live together permanently
- Meet the financial requirement of £18600 per annum gross income.
- Meet the English language requirement
- Have satisfactory accommodation in the UK
If you are currently living outside the UK then you can apply for leave to enter as a spouse, however, if you are already living in the UK then you can switch to spouse visa depending on your immigration status.
Once you have spent 5 years in the UK as a spouse of British national then you will be entitled to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK.